5th annual Taking Root luncheon
Co-Chairs: Vallette and Russell Windham
Monday, October 1, 2018 11:30 – 1:00 pm Junior League of Houston 1811 Briar Oaks Lane
Mr Hatch is a celebrated author of four books on the garden of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello, where he served as Director of Gardens and Grounds for 35 years.
Visit Peckerwood Garden!
Shady Characters Lurking in the Woodland Garden: August 25 Peckerwood Garden Insiders Tour
Saturday, August 25 one tour at 10:00 am Register here
Shady Characters Lurking in the Woodland Garden – 10 am Insiders tour on August 4th
Join us August 4th and escape the summer heat for a comfortable stroll under the deep shade of towering oaks, conifers, magnolias and more while enjoying the summer highlights that prosper below the canopy. Learn the best options for understory shrubs, perennials and more, with a focus on exotic and underutilized plants. In addition to the plants that thrive on the dark side, develop an increased understanding of the various physical factors beyond simply shade that come together to create a cool microclimate.
One tour will be held at 10 am. Space is limited, register ahead
How I was Schooled by an old rose: September 15 with Mike Shoup
Saturday, September 15 one tour at 3:30 pm and Lecture at 5 pm Register here
Join us September 15th with Mike Shoup of the Antique Rose Emporium as he presents: “How I Was Schooled By An Old Rose”
Watch here for more details
Join us at 3:30 for a tour and at 5 pm for refreshments and a great presentation.
The nursery is available most days by appointment, free entry, call or email prior to arrival to ensure staff or volunteers will be available. Private tours are scheduled by appointment, see below or here. Call for availability on a weekday, by donation.
Join us for Open Day on the 4th Saturday each month, all year!
Evening lectures at 5 pm every 3rd Saturday. Purchase Tickets to Open Days, Lectures, or Insiders Tours
Houston Lecture series update! Linda Gay presents at Canopy Restaurant in Houston
Join us, in Houston, at 6:30 p.m. November 8 for horticulturist Linda Gay’s presentation, Holiday Garden Color.
Linda, perhaps best known as the former director of Mercer Botanic Gardens, also has worked at McGovern Centennial Gardens, The Arbor Gate and as a professor at HCC. She continues to write garden articles and share her knowledge on radio programs and as a speaker.
Linda will share ideas on transitional garden color and container combinations for fall and the Thanksgiving period, and those for winter/Christmas garden plus container color for family gatherings. Purchase tickets
Schedule a Garden Tour
Group tours of Peckerwood Garden may be scheduled for any time of year. Have lunch under the trees before or after your tour.
View our Calendar and Purchase tickets here to all upcoming events. Visits to Peckerwood Garden are by guided tours only Call for availability on a weekday, by donation. The nursery is available most days by appointment, free entry, call or email prior to arrival to ensure staff or volunteers will be available.
- Opportunities to visit the garden are now available on a consistent schedule, and groups also can book private guided tours most days. Peckerwood Insider’s Tours are held at 10 a.m. the first Saturday each month.
- Open Days take place the fourth Saturday of each month (all year) and the second Saturday of October, November, April, and May. We will begin at 10 a.m. and modify tours to accommodate the extreme climate.
- We also are offering regular monthly Evening at Peckerwood Garden lectures conducted by knowledgeable Peckerwood staff and volunteers, as well as local or visiting experts. The 6 p.m. lectures will be held on the third Saturday of each month. email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for an event and pay onsite rather than online.
- Volunteers are welcome to lend a hand with garden work 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. Please sign up online here or email Volunteer1@peckerwoodgarden.org.
- Peckerwood Garden is open to Scheduled private tours and on scheduled tour and event days, guided tours only.
Office hours are Tuesday through Saturday 9 am – 5 pm. Visitation of the garden is at this time Guided tour only, see available opportunities to visit below. Event questions can be emailed to email@example.com or call the office at 979-826-3232.
Your membership gifts help support Peckerwood as it nurtures and expands plant collections and adds educational tours and programs. You’ll find the various membership categories and benefits here. Membership Thank you for becoming a friend of Peckerwood.
Peckerwood Garden — Summer Preview